The Masters Degree is designed to meet the needs of the students ministering in the local church or Christian school. The student may choose from one of four areas of concentration:
1. Church Ministries (Theology)
2. Biblical Studies
3. Biblical Counseling
4. Christian School Administration
1. The candidate must possess the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Theology degree, or the equivalent from an approved school. They should have graduated with a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale). All candidates for the Master Degree will be individually counseled.
All applicants must submit a written statement outlining their vocational objectives and how the degree might relate to those objectives.
2. The candidate must complete 36 units of course work. At least 30 units must be taken at CFCU. Other units may be transferred from an acceptable institution college provided the curriculum requirements are similar. The student must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 with no grade below a "C-" in all courses to be credited toward graduation. Extensions are counted as resident credit.
3. Complete the entire program in no more than five years.
In addition to the above requirements the student must choose to either write a thesis or complete additional course work as follows:
The student may elect to write a thesis and receive approved unit hours of credit under the normal 45 quarter unit hours requirement. The thesis should be 50-75 pages and be accepted by CFCU. A time limit not to exceed three years will be allowed for completion of the thesis following the regular course work. Extension of this time limit must be made by petition to the Dean of the Graduate School. For additional information see "Doctoral Dissertation Requirements".